Large reservoir of river Vltava built in the years 1950-59, with an electric power station in the dam. The lake covers an area of 4650 ha, is 42 to 44 km long and 16 km wide. The power station supplies electricity at peak hours. The lake is used for recreational purposes. On its left bank are recreational facilities and beaches with hotels, weekend houses, camps and other services. During the season steams ply the lake.